Monday, January 2, 2012

Favorite iPhone Apps of 2011

Now that 2011 is over, I wanted to share my 5 favorite apps that I used last year. These are apps that I found myself using frequently, and they are apps that I love. I am excluding any Social Networking apps since those are almost a gimme. Facebook and Twitter apps for iOS are in use. Anyways, on to the apps:

Week Cal
I like to stay organized, and I like to know what's going on. Week Cal takes the standard iOS calendar and gives a kick in the butt. This calendar has a lot more functionality and customization available to users, while maintaining a great user interface.
Download this app: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/week-calendar/id381059732?mt=8

Camera+
If you love to take photos on your iPhone, you can't live without Camera+. I've downloaded a ton of camera apps for the iPhone, and this by far is my favorite. Not only does it take great photos, but you can edit them with lots of different effects and then save them to your camera roll. Definitely a must have.
Download this app: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id329670577?mt=8

Spotify
Love me some Spotify. Many people are familiar with the desktop version of this app which is free. I pay the additional month charge so that I can listen to my playlists from anywhere. As a rider of the public transportation system, this app is one of my favs. Nothing like riding the train home from work while jamming to just about any song I want.
Download this app: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/spotify/id324684580?mt=8

PocketMoney
Call it OCD, or call it organized, but I like to know what's going on with my money. I've tried out lots of different budgeting apps, but this one is my favorite. It keeps track of as many accounts and transactions as I can throw at it. I always know how much money I have. One of the great features, is there is a desktop version which will let you sync with your iPhone. If I am on the road, I can put my receipts and purchases into the app, and when I get home, all I have to do is hit the sync button. It's pretty great.
Download this app: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pocketmoney-checkbook-budgets/id283494170?mt=8

Zite
Twitter is my #1 source for news. Zite is my #2 source for news. Zite is a personalized news magazine type app. You choose the subjects that you enjoy, and it will create a customized magazine for you to read through. If you are familiar or enjoy Flipboard, try Zite, I am sure you'll like it. You can sync it up with your social networking sites too for even more customization. While I list this as a fav for the iPhone, it's also fantastic on the iPad.
Download this app: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/zite-personalized-magazine/id419752338?mt=8

So that's it for 2011. Pretty good set of apps here. I love to discover new apps, so if you have any suggestions for great apps, leave a comment, and maybe we'll feature more apps in the future. Also, for you Android lovers out there, we hope to get a list of favorite Android apps too.

No comments:

Post a Comment